Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 2!

Orientation day was today, a long and boring(but informative) meeting. We talked about safety, about the apartment, and many other things. After we were done at around 7pm, we went shopping and ended up next to the Uffizi gallery and another building that I am not sure what it is exactly but it has a huge bell tower. We did not go inside, but there were quite a few sculptures around it which were amazing.. I mean the detail on those things is incredible!

We also came across the Porcellino (The Bronze Pig). The story is that you rub the snout of the pig and put a coin in its mouth and if the water from the pigs mouth pushes the coin out, you have good luck and will come back to Florence one day, if it does not work- you try again! And it looks like I am coming back:)
I also had a pretty delicious past 2 days.. I had pizza, fettuccine alfrado, nutella croissant, cappuccino, and best of all GELATO! Everything is so fresh, the only way to describe the food: delicious! (By the way, this is the Menchies of Italy- instead of yogurt.. Gelato)



Well, thats all I have for today:) I will leave you with this picture of my street!
Buonanotte:)
-Natalie

3 comments:

  1. I was at that same gelato place! Be sure you climb up to the top of the cupola when you go to the Duomo. About 500 steps, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Natalie!! I am so glad you are having a wonderful time!! :D

    ReplyDelete