Friday, January 16, 2015

Piazzale Michelangelo- and more steps...

Today I hiked up the MANY steps to Piazzale Michelangelo and the Church of San Miniato al Monte with a few classmates! We walked through Giardino della Rose, the rose garden, which was very pretty but there were no flowers to see, our advisors say to go around April/May and it will be completely filled with every color rose! I will be going back for sure to see that:) We continues up and the further and further we went the more beautiful the view was, It seemed like you could see the entire city of Florence. Another sight that was completely worth the hike!


So at the top was the Church of San Miniato al Monte, I believe they said it was one of the oldest churches in Florence and it still holds services. We did not get to go inside because of a service that was going on actually, but thats okay because the view of the city was enough for me!


Everything else is going really well here! I am doing great and the food is still amazing! I think I am completely adjusted to the time difference now because I can sleep through the night which is exciting! I am also enjoying the 50 degree weather here unlike at home where it is freezing.. I miss the snow but I do not miss the air hurting my face! 
  Well, we are going to some museums tomorrow so I will have pictures and post again soon!
Ciao!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had another perfect day!
    xo, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natalie! I finally managed to get some time to log on and read your most recent posts. Only 2 students in your one class?? How great is that! You can definitely take advantage of learning opportunities in that situation.

    I see that you are wearing your Steelers hat. Way to represent! Also, it reminded me that there is a Steelers bar in Rome. No joke! It's called La Botticella, and it is in the Piazza Navonna area somewhere. We walked by it while we were there, but it wasn't open at the time. I think it opens in the late afternoon. You should go there when you get to Rome.

    Again, this is Aunt Laura, not your mother. (Still trying to figure out how to get that off my Google acct. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aunt Laura!
      Yeah, I am actually pretty happy about having only one other person in that class! At first I thought it would be a little awkward but the professor is great and I really think I will learn a lot because its so personal!
      Of course I had to bring my Steelers hat! I did not know about that bar though, thats so cool! I have a few friends here that are Steeler fans as well so I will have some people that will want to go check it out with me! I am actually going to Rome on February 20th, Ill remember to bring all my Steelers gear! (I brought a terrible towel, that hat and a Steelers sweatshirt, so Im all set!)

      Delete